Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No room for me

Yesterday I travelled from St. John's, NL to Edmonton, AB (both in Canada). I arrived at the St. John's Airport at 11:00AM (NL time) I was at my hotel (Courtyard Marriott Downtown) in Edmonton at 9:00PM (Mountain time). With a total elapsed time of 13.5 hours. For the last half hour of my flying time that day all I could think about was arriving at my hotel, settling in, and going to bed.

But there was no room for me.

Ok, so they had arranged for a room at another hotel and were going to pay for the stay there and my transportation. So it wasn't really that bad.

But when she first told me the hotel was overbooked my spirits did drop slightly :P

And I did stress about getting to my training course the next day on time. And about not being able to settle a little and all.

Anyhow, I attended my training course today (at the Marriott) (oh and I was 50 minutes early) and afterwards I went to see if I'd have a room tonight.

Oh I had a room alright. A room with a king size bed and a WHIRLPOOL TUB. I think the following picture pretty much sums it up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Flipping through blogs and find your visiting my city.
Welcome and enjoy.

Jane said...

Thanks! I'm going to try my best to explore around my training schedule. I walked around Churchill Square yesterday evening, it was lovely.