Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spacing out

I've been pretty tired lately and I keep spacing out as it were. Mr. Boyfriend is starting to get annoyed because I often don't hear him when I'm staring into space :P

Also, it seems that reading increases the likelihood that I'm not listening. I'm still paying attention to my book but I don't hear a thing going on around me.

I know the generally held opinion in that you zone out because you're processing a lot of different things and your brain needs a break. But I can't find much on the topic. I've tried key words like space, daze, and zone and I'm not really turning much up. I'd like to know more about my funny little brain!

Anyone know the science behind spacing out? I'm going to keep looking myself and see what I come up with.


Jane

No comments: