Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are you sure it's February already . . .

Last week was busy; busy at work and busy at home. I had things to do coming out of my ears.

So I didn't do much exercising but keeping the eating on track is a lot easier now. Me and Mr. Boyfriend have been learning how to eat good food together (considering our widely varied tastes and preferences). It's been a bit of work (not really conscious work but now I realize what all the debates in the grocery store were about) but he's finally bringing sandwiches for lunch (although not often) and I'm craving stir fry for dinner. We've really found that we have to focus on simple stuff or we'll never eat anything good. Every morning it's the same mad rush to get out the door and it's been convenient that I can easily grab a package of oatmeal, a soup in a carton (Knorr), a piece of fruit or two, a baggie of nuts (almonds or walnuts mostly), and a slice of bread possibly with hummus on it. I know it sounds like a lot of food but there's very little preparation involved other than shoving it in my lunch bag. And it keeps my tummy satisfied all day :)

Suppers are slowly getting easier, we've figured out a few staples (veggie ground round, tomato sauce, and pasta is awesome) so we're not wondering what to cook in a half dazed I've spent 8 hours in front of a computer screen kind of way. Now we have to figure out how to eat food before it goes bad in the fridge . . .


Jane

No comments: