Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Vegetable Way

I've made the decision to become a vegetarian. It's something I've always leaned towards and since my parents had me put the turkey in the roaster Thanksgiving (closing my eyes just made it worse :P) I've been thinking about it a lot more. Someone incapable of handling a dead animal (let alone killing it) just shouldn't eat meat.

In the end there were lots of reasons but animal rights is probably on the top of the list. I've promised my boyfriend I won't push it on him (which I won't) and I guess we'll see how things go from there. I have to be extra careful about my new diet. I'm prone to iron deficiency so greens and iron supplements will be a must. I've started taking a general multivitamin in the mornings to help fill in the holes (which even meat eaters should do anyways). Also I've been looking into the vegetarian diet and the foods I have to eat to stay healthy. The Vegetarian Starter Kit from the Vegetarian Times is a good place to start.


Jane

No comments: