Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Peak Oil

Peak oil, the idea that we're using more than we're producing. Makes sense to me. There seems to be a lot of debate over when it will happen (or whether it already has happened) and how much it will affect culture and society. There's people who speculate it will be the end of modern society as we know it and others who believe it'll just push us into the green revolution. It's hard to predict the future, considering there's so many variables (like billions of people) in that equation.

I'm going to remain optimistic, mostly because I've learned that there's no point going around with a doom and gloom attitude (one of the many lessons from going through adolescence :P). I will however be looking casually into survivalism (perhaps encourage my mother to expand her greenhouse :D).


Jane

No comments: